11.12.09

A minor reflection

I have met so many people in my lifetime, they walk and out of my life periodically. There may be peaks when I see them and other times when I don't associate with them whatsoever.
I remember starting high school for the very first time in 2005 and it was certainly a very strange experience for me. Classes were always different and people associated in groups. I was so taken aback and high school seriously thrust me into a position for self evaluation and actualisation. I eventually conformed to the norm and hung out with people in large groups of friends. It was a different environment to what I was used to but nevertheless, I found it fun. As time wore on, I didn't feel as if that was actually what I wanted. I have always only played with one friend during primary, my best friend and having lunch times in a group was just so strange for me. Yes, I have made good friends via associating with others as a collective, but out of all the people I have ever met in my lifetime, I realise that I only truly care for my primary best friend. She was the one that was willing to indulge into my wild imagination and create separate fantasy worlds with me. At times when I was feeling unwell, she'd come and care for me.....like that time I had diarrhoea...I was in the toilet for the whole 1 hour lunchtime and she went nowhere, but stayed outside the toilet asking me if I was okay. And that other time when I was at year 6 camp and I felt so incredibly homesick. She consoled me and told me that she was there for me. She told me not to cry and told me to enjoy the rest of the camp with her.

We were incredibly close as young children and I can truthfully say, that my friendship with her was the purest and strongest one I have ever had in my entire life thus far. I trusted her wholeheartedly and as I type these words now, I miss her more than ever.
Joanne Lee, thanks for always being there.
I remember hating you during year 9 and 10. I only did that to cover up my jealousy which I upheld due to your blossoming friendships with other girls. I never hated you in my heart. It was all just on the surface.
I miss you so much :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)