31.3.10

Rebel Diamonds


Tokyo at sundown; Picture taken by the band, Delphic.

It's nearly been a year since I visited Tokyo and the memories I have left the city with come flooding back into my mind as I stumble upon this photo on facebook. The sensation of visiting Tokyo is hard to articulate. To me, I felt so alive as I visited this foreign land yet so out of place simultaneously that I felt incredibly overwhelmed with all I saw. The city was filled with people in every corner and the gigantic buildings around made me feel like I was suffocating. Yet the chaos that Tokyo exudes is nothing short of being inspiring...it made me feel that all was possible. I can recall the main form of communication between the locals and I...it was all through hand gestures that were most probably misinterpreted by them..who knows? Japanese culture is indeed a strange one. But through the thrill of having so many things lost in translation and occasionally being completely and utterly disorientated in the momentum of the city was worth it. Oh! And walking through Shibuya at night would be an experience I will never forget in the coming years. To have one light signal thousands of people scrambling across an intersection simultaneously and being caught within it all is only an experience that can be captured when you visit the city. I'd love to visit Tokyo again in the near future, the city is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)