13.7.10

crushed like a bug in the ground

as i walked out of maths tutor, i couldn't help but feel exasperated and overwhelmed. im surprised and shocked, time passes by so fast...i cannot comprehend it. i walk into the car and greet my dad with half a smile. i don't even want to talk. i dig out the cd i burnt months ago containing all the songs that i felt were the saddest and most beautiful. i place the cd into the player immediately and skip to 'let down' by radiohead. my dad drives off away from tutor and back home. i sit there, with my head against the icy window, rubbing the condensation away with my bare hands. i look up the sky, all i see are big rain clouds and the blinding lights from all the other cars on the highway. the music in the background drowns out every word my dad utters and the song fuels my sadness as we drive off. all i want to ask is why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)