23.7.10

two more years so hold on.

2010: A year characterised with the domination of Justin Bieber's so called music (more like whining though I must admit One Time is so fking ridiculously catchy...I don't even like it but I listen to it cause its an earworm) and other synth driven pop tunes. Where has all the indie rock gone? In particular bands like Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Interpol and all the like - all the bands which I fell in love with in 2007... I understand bands constantly progress and once an incredible album is made they can hardly go back and recreate such a gem again. That's with Bloc Party. As much as I actually love all their music, I can't help but get a little nostalgic whenever I listen to Silent Alarm. It is just the perfect album. I really bloody miss that type of music and there hasn't been any band recently that can exactly replicate what Bloc Party produced with their first album. Yeah yeah, I bloody love dance music, electronic and synth...but where did indie rock disappear to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)