24.8.10

Heartbroken

As an Australian with strong ties with the culture of Hong Kong, the hostage ordeal in the Philippines broke and tore my heart. I watched the news unfold, minute by minute, seeing all the terrifying action that went on in Manilla. It was painful to watch and utterly heartbreaking. People should never suffer like that and what makes it even worse is that these women and men were hostages, innocent people who went for a holiday and instead, became hostages. It has been confirmed that 6 out of 15 people are dead, some in critical conditions. Why? Why is this world like this? May the deceased Rest in Peace and may they find solace in whatever they believe in of the afterlife and beyond.

Yet, amidst all this action on the screen, I find myself annoyed at the insular world of others...namely on facebook. I'd like to think that they just don't update about worldly events, but if they were simply complaining about the weather, commenting on watching series etc and being completely oblivious to the hostage, I don't know what I can say....other than comment on how pathetic they really are.

I am utterly heartbroken. I had never shed tears in front of the television before and this time, I actually did. I'm beyond moved, the pain pulsates through my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)