30.1.11

My little brother of 9 will soon be off to school. It's scary to think that one year ago, I was in the worried shoes of a year 12 student on the brink of starting the last year of high school. I am doing physiotherapy in university as of now. I guess it can be said that I am a anticipating it in a way but there is inevitably a slight fear. But we'll see...
The triplej hottest 100 was a pretty good countdown methinks. Most of my votes got in so that was good. I made the drastic mistake of voting for the songs of artists which I loved but rarely had got any airplay, resulting in a wasted vote. So this year, I chose the songs which I knew would chart on the hottest100 in hope for a higher charting on the list. The National's Bloodbuzz Ohio ended up with 31st place on he list which came to me as a big surprise. In terms of music, that song was one of the songs that got everyone noticing The National.
The first song on the hottest100, as always wasn't the best song of the year. In this case, Angus and Julia Stone's Big Jet Plane. Gahhhhh, it was a great let down - from an absolutely epic top 90 to a very mediocre first place. Dear Australia, get over the Stones. Sure the song is nice but surely not something that deserves first place in such a respectable music poll. Though ultimately, I am mostly glad that Washington's music didn't end up in the top 10 - despite knowing that Megan Washington has a mindblowingly amazing voice and a great voice, I just don't get the appeal of her music...
Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)