21.2.11

Changes

Orientation was today.

I guess it was a chance for me to set foot onto campus and realise how....tafe-like my campus looks. I've seen facebook groups proclaiming their love for Cumberland...but really? It made me feel claustrophobic in the way that it was a magnified size of high school but with so many people pursuing different subjects and yet I felt incredibly small and alone there. Maybe it would change as semester progresses, who knows?

The lecturers who greeted us on orientation were certainly blunt about what we were to expect. I had already knew that Uni is infinitely harder than the HSC but I guess they just felt the urge to reiterate that to our already numb faces. What was even more comforting was finding out that the discipline of physiotherapy had pretty high failure rates, 'the two people next to you will probably fail one or two subjects'. I certainly don't want to fail.

The approach I had towards the HSC was mixed with bouts of distraction and a longing for someone/somethings. But with uni, I'm going to work hard for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)