24.4.11

Thoughts

Eight weeks of university have flown by and here they are, the mid-sem breaks. The joy met with their arrival was celebrated by my uni mates by hosting an 'End of Mid-Sems' Outing to the city on Wednesday after our last exam, biomechanics. I suppose I did have fun though my wallet perhaps did not agree so. Appetito on The Rocks was the place and yes, what lovely furnishings and ambient lighting but asking $26.50 for a bowl of fettucine pasta is just ridiculous, though the price may be reflective of their location. Friday (gettin' down on...) was the group dinner to Sizzler at Kogarah. Oh dear old Kogarah, it's been a while. I ordered their filet steak mignon, since it looked pretty nice on the menu and so thereby, expected it to taste...somewhat different. The red wine jus complimented the beef well though the mignon tasted just like a steak - not worth the $29.95 I paid. Although I just did some research and wikipedia informed me that that cut of beef is usually the most tender and expensive. No wonder.

So uni has taught me many things (as it should) and I've grown to like Usyd. However, I don't think physiotherapy is really the course for me. I find myself much more interested and inclined to the study of body systems rather than the gross anatomy of the body, which is a key component to the study of physiotherapy. To change courses to medicine has been on my mind since day one of starting physio and my desire to do it has been stronger than ever. What physio has shown is only a segment of the human body and how it works and it renders itself to be more intriguing than ever, something that I really want to pursue and learn. I'm willing to undertake the torture known as the UMAT again in hope for a place in undergraduate medicine next year. And if I get in, I know it will be hard work, even more so than what physio is demanding of me but I believe that studying it will be a real privilege and I hope that that is what I am able to do in the very near future. Here starts the journey for medicine again...

5 comments:

  1. And the very best of luck to you Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan. How have you been yourself? Enjoying the break?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the 'break' lol got like 3 assessments next week so yeah it's pretty full on. It has been the whole time though, like seriously uni's actually really hard!! How're you coping with it? I'd imagine you'd have about the same amt of hours and all with your course. But at least our holidays at the end are awesome right? Ok will think of that :) What've you been up to lately? Been able to relax much? Hopefully a little bit anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, before the tests I was really stressed out but after they were done, it wasn't too bad. I think the break is at a good time, a really good way to recharge the worn out mind already. But yeah, its true that uni is way harder than high school, no one really prepares you for that!
    I could relax longer. Been literally doing no work at all! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that's great you've got the tests over and done with, hope this week was a good recharge for you. Sounds like it was with the doing no work at all!
    Haha yep could totally relax longer :P But enjoy the last two days of relaxing anyway, and good luck with the rest of the semester :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)