22.7.11

Drip away

It's pouring rain outside right now. Or at least it seems to be outside from my room. My roof of my room is apparently of a different making to the rest of my house and thereby, whenever it rains, it's particularly loud in my sector. But I love it, I love hearing the incessant pitter patter throughout the night and the occasional car that skids across the slippery roads. The wet, being ever so unpleasant when caught in it as suggested by many, is always beautiful to listen to and observe when inside.

I personally love being caught in rain, not the heavy type but the moderate type. I love it even more when I can feel droplets falling onto my coat or even when they're attacking my umbrella so fiercely. I don't even mind it when I get moderately wet hair or anything, it's part of the charm of the rain.

Many people have questioned as to why I love the rain. They think I am out of my mind for loving what they call dreary and miserable weather. I don't view it that way, I think its rather cathartic and melancholy in the most romantic and beautiful sense. I didn't love the rain as much before and I only grew to love it when I was caught in so many episodes of rainfall in London when I visited, earlier this year. The locals are indifferent to the rain, with many preferring to wear their beanies bound tight to their heads, only reaching for the umbrella for refuge when there is a deluge. They walk ever so nonchalantly in the cobbled streets of London against the backdrop of magnificent buildings that are just simply admirable. It's a very romantic atmosphere there or at least what I had experienced. The rain was just everywhere, pouring onto the streets all the time and walking through it, being all cold and wet, it really didn't matter at all. I was in London....living life in the rain...

I wish I had the words to describe what I feel with the rain now. However, before you think I am insane, let me remind you that I do love good weather as well. But rain is at its core always more and more beautiful than sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)