27.2.12

I need you so much closer.

I saw Death Cab for Cutie at the Enmore after work on Saturday. I had the worst sleep on Friday night and so the prospect of seeing them in concert was mixed with bouts of hesitation and occasional excitement, for I was just absolutely tired. Nevertheless, I met with YY after work in the city where she gave me the Liberty watch I told her to help buy for me. It is flawless. I freaking love that watch...even my mum approves which is a good thing. Ha! We walked around the city for a bit, being both tired and aimless we eventually decided to eat Thai in Pitt St Mall followed by a beer at the Arthouse. I forgot how much I missed good tasting beer. The cheap ones you buy from the supermarkets are refreshing but nothing beats a Squire Pale Ale....mm, craving another one. Haha, I'm not an alcoholic, I promise.

So off I went to Newtown to see Death Cab in concert. The thing about Death Cab is that they are totally all about the music and nothing else, no antics, no supplementary shiz to jazz it up. The highlights of the night were definitely hearing Soul meets Body, Tiny Vessels, Marching Bands of Manhattan and who can ever forget, Transatlanticism? Unlike all the other concerts I go to where I will endure to capture my favourite songs on video, I decided not to record everything simply because I felt that I just wanted to feel and appreciate the music as it was and forget about the recording devices for once. Listening to Transatlanticism in the venue will always be something to remember. There's something so special about that song, how it makes everyone hush and gush. Perhaps it's the beautiful lyrics, painting images of serenity or it may be the slow build up to an incredible sonic experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)