1.12.09

Hoppípolla

Takk... forever my favourite Sigur Ros release.
All the songs on it are absolutely breathtaking.

I've been posting rather sporadically on this blog as of late. There hasn't been any structure whatsoever, more like little snippets from like stupid little, uninteresting life. Anyhow, lately I have been feeling so much wanderlust. I find myself trawling travel websites and searching flickr for the ultimate getaway. Life has been so busy that I long for a holiday elsewhere, rather than where I am at right now....

It's the middle of assessment week and I find myself always blogging or if not, just procrastinating as a result of pure exhaustion. And yes, I procrastinate on facebook as well....that's what every student does nowadays innit? But really...I'm honestly getting tired of facebook...it's just that people are so close to each other, it's sort of overwhelming.. And I am getting so sick and tired of seeing these groups people join and become a fan of. Joining groups with outlandish statements was such a long time ago...I think people have ought to move on... Oh, and facebook, forever being so transparent in my eyes, allowing me to metaphorically see through some people's intentions. I don't know, but I feel as though everyone has double standards in real life and on facebook. They may be someone in real life but a totally different person when interacting with others online. And the thing is, due to the transparency of interaction amongst social networks, I have started to realise that people try extremely hard to be someone...that they strive to be. It's a strange thing to be witnessing it all...and I should be honest, that I have done that in the past. But really, what's the point. Are we seriously just trying to prove to someone out there, that we are someone we're really not? Are you just so desperate and hungry for some attention? It's times like these that I just want to live out in the countryside, hiking by day and slumbering by night.

Sometimes, I just want to flee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)