15.1.10

Oh so wrong my loving goes

Listening to: Y Control by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I cannot believe it has already been a week since the Yeah Yeah Yeahs concert.. Time flies by so quick and I have now finished a whole tiring week at Matrix. By preoccupying yourself with the many things that rattle your mind, time surely does tick away very quickly.
Anyhow, YYYs' performance at the Hordern was electrifying, intense and so energetic. Every song was just juiced up with the quintessential Yeah Yeah Yeahs live touch that made the event so memorable and set the dance floor sizzling. Karen O's stage presence is captivating; there is not one moment when you can actually bear to take your eyes off her. Her every move is hypnotising, as if she's radiating some strong magnetic field attracting you to glue your eyes to the swaying of her poncho and the shiny headress that she wore. Anyhow, enough of my praising of the show...now for some downfalls. I don't have anything to complain about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...instead, I shall complain about the usual. Those bogans/pricks/assholes that think it is intensely fun and oh-so-funny to push everything around to try and get up front from behind. Talk about concert etiquette! Non-existent, clearly. I was shoved around by such people and ended up in a spot that obscured my clear view of Karen O. Nevertheless, there are the tippy toes that I could use....and thus, be able to witness Karen O's lovely dancing on stage. Oh! They did not play Hysteric! I was thoroughly upset about that......though Soft Shock was just as good...so I guess I'm not that sad. I'm guessing I'll have to wait for another time to hear them play my favourite song of theirs live.

Oh, and ever since, I haven't been able to stop listening to them. Too addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)