15.3.10

Pet Peeves

This is probably going to be one of the most self centred posts on my blog ever, but I just felt it was necessary to put out what I deem to be the most annoying traits in people, ever.

1. People who do not let others off the train first.
This really puts me off. I know that you are so desperate to get to work and to get on the train, but please display some courtesy to let people OFF the train first. It's so rude to see some people not giving a care in this world, but pushing their way through onto the train. Hello? The train won't close as of yet, it will only close when everyone is on it, so don't rush to get onto the carriage. I've witnessed so many people just push on and knock others over...don't you know that by doing so, you make it so dangerous to get off and on.
These people deserve sucker punches.

2. People who say, 'well, this is awkward...'
WELL HELLO, NOW YOU'VE JUST MADE IT EVEN WORSE. This has occurred to me TWICE already in a matter of two days. Don't people know some social etiquette? If you do not want it to be awkward, the way to counter it is to not make any mention of 'awkwardness' but strive to maintain a decent and civilised conversation. I swear, some people need some education regarding social interaction. It just makes me wonder whether they've been living in a hole for their whole lives or are just socially retarded. Oh and its even worse when somebody says, 'well, now I have nothing to talk to you about'. THANKS FOR THAT YOU RUDE PERSON. I'm sorry, but I got really offended when a person said that to me yesterday. I wanted to kick them in the face and just totally cut off any 'FRIENDSHIP' for that matter. That person had nothing to talk to me about but only teasing me about my alleged crush on some guy....I told them to stop, because it wasn't even true...and thus, came about that statement. GO GET EDUCATED AND LEARN SOME SOCIAL ETIQUETTE.

3. Narrow mindedness
I respect individual values and I don't mind that. However, I do mind when narrow mindedness intervenes with opinions. One that's really obvious is narrow mindedness in music tastes. PEOPLE, just give it a listen before you make a judgement. Telling me that you won't listen to a certain artist because its 'too mainstream' or 'too poppy' is just pure bullshit. If you have listened to it and don't like it, fair enough...but basing your opinions on labels is just plain stupidity. You don't understand how dumb it makes you seem.

4. Underage drinking/partying till you get smashed IS NOT COOL
I'm ashamed of around 95% of my generation...I think we are labelled as those kids who think it is really cool to get smashed every weekend and hold Bacardis in their hands whilst posing for potential facebook profile pictures. I'm sorry, but I'm just not part of that clique..as a matter of fact, I am disgusted by such behaviour...it's these traits which shamefully characterise my generation...and the culture that ties in with it. Please! Underage drinking is not cool, especially if your main aim is to upload such photos and receive comments on 'HOW COOL YOU FUCKING LOOK' is DISGUSTING. Ugh. And I also hate how popular culture has deemed partying and clubbing as the cool activities to do...Are we seriously that low now?

5. Facebook photo albums of just ONE SUBJECT, the poser.
I appreciate it when people upload photos on facebook...BUT NOT WHEN THEY ARE ALL OF THE SAME PERSON POSING IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS AND IN FRONT OF THE BATHROOM MIRROR. I don't think its necessary to show the world how you look when you pose seductively in front of the mirror nor do I think its necessary to see your hair in different arrangements. And no, I don't want to see your pouting photos...DO YOU KNOW HOW STUPID IT MAKES YOU LOOK? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Not only that, you just give the impression that you're incredibly narcissistic and place yourself on a pedestal. Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)