21.4.10

Bulletproof...I Wish I Was

Doesn't it just depress you, knowing that one day, all that we do will be forgotten and no-one will remember? Noone will know the things that have made you feel proud, the names of lovers you have loved and missed, the things you have etched out on paper, the numbers you have calculated on test papers, the things you have paid for to use, the playlists you listened to when suffering from incredible insomnia....everything will be lost. And all we're left with after life will be a small grave and a coffin (perhaps ash if you want cremation) that will define who you are for the many years you have lived and endured. Perhaps I am not afraid of dying, I'm more afraid of being forgotten. It's inevitable. One day, noone on this earth will know who I am and noone will call out the name 'Katie Lau' and expect to see my face. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)