8.4.10

I'm your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me

Paparazzi by Lady Gaga

Lately, I've been feeling rather sentimental and thinking about what I was doing a year ago. I was in Tokyo, discovering, observing and feeling the beautiful city before me. I wish I had the words to describe all the emotions I felt in Japan though it is quite impossible to do so, due to the lack of articulation on my behalf. I've raved on about Tokyo in my previous posts but I believe that everyone must go to Tokyo in some point of their lives. To me, I felt so alive and rejuvenated amidst the artificial landscape, moreso than lying under the stars at Duke of Edinburgh. I guess they are both different sensations but being displaced in Tokyo left a bigger impression + impact on me. I can still remember heading off to the red light district of Tokyo (without knowing beforehand that it was the right light district) at night and feeling extremely paranoid. I was constantly on the look out for potential rapists and prepared to use profanity if they ever came close...though that never occurred. And I remember trying to order noodles in noodle shops..it was honestly quite difficult. All that was conversed was a 'Sumimasen' and a direct point to a picture on the menu. I actually didn't know what was in it but it appeared delicious so I just followed my instincts anyway. Oh...there is one thing I will never forget though...the cute Japanese stranger on the train. ;) He was so adorable, in the way that he was leaning against the glass in such a strange stance and fully engaged with listening to his music with gigantic headphones on. He smiled at me as I accidentally tripped over him (or something like that) and I said a very touristy, 'Sorry'. I'm sure he figured we weren't locals. Ahhh, dearest stranger...I wonder who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)