24.4.10

Siberian Breaks

Don't ever let other people's opinion get into your way. So many people have labelled MGMT's latest musical offering as 'crap' and 'non-Oracular Spectacular-like'. With such low expectations, I prepared my ears for a wild trip through MGMT's music and was expecting to be disappointed. And was I? Not at all. Congratulations is psychedelic at its best and every song is so well crafted. Certainly there isn't a Time to Pretend nor a Kids but this is still MGMT staying true to their roots. It's very them and I could never mistake this record as any old record from any other band. The stand out tune for me would certainly be 'Siberian Breaks'. Although it may appear to sound a little fragmented at first, after a few listens it flows so well. And I especially love the end where a Let Down-esque sparkle can be evidently heard, it compliments the tune so well. Oh and who can forget 'Flash Delirium'? Although the video is frightening, the song is excellent. Now that I've put my opinion out there regarding Congratulations, I certainly hope I don't sway you too much that you have high expectations. Expect this album to be a grower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)