19.6.10

Endings

Another post.. Sorry.

I went tutoring today after the school titration competition in which St George didn't gain a place in. I also went today because I really didn't want to go to the session tomorrow where I would have to stay from 9am to 5pm. If I went tomorrow, I would not have a class in between 11am - 3pm. I guess you can see where I'm coming from.
Anyhow, they did the usual...hand out fees and holiday timetables. I excitedly opened the envelope to see if the timetable suited me or not and there, I found a letter addressed to year 12 students. The letter was surprisingly long and was different to all the other ones that we were given before, along with our fees etc. I found out that tutoring was going to officially end at the end of July...It's bizarre and a little shocking, to find out that this routine i.e. waking up every Sunday a.m. to head off to tutor will come to an end. I guess the end is inevitable, but I honestly never anticipated this would come so early. The time for when things end is typically December but this year, Christmas has come early in June and delivered to me some new endings.
I've been there for 3 years and I remembering despising it so much since they wrecked my tutor-free weekends. However, as time progressed, I made some new friends here and there and found the experience of getting to know others pleasant. In came along year 12 and I found my tutor to be eccentric yet so brilliant. It's odd saying this, but I will really miss this place. Here goes making the most of out the remaining days I have left.

The reality that high school is also coming to an end has not really registered in my brain yet. Though I do think that it will hit me hard once they start announcing farewell activities. I'm an incredibly sentimental person. I'm one who wishes that time could stop in those moments I found joy in. And as they always say...'All good things come to an end'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)