24.6.10

Kevin Rudd

"I WAS elected by the people of this country to bring back a fair go for all Australians and I have given my absolute best to do that.

...I’m proud of the fact that we got rid of Workchoices and restored decency to the workplace.

...I’m really proud of the fact that we’ve reformed the health system; a National Health and Hospitals network. When we look back on this in a decade’s time, and the fact that we’ve made the Australian Government, for the first time in our history, the dominant funder of our nation’s public hospital system. This will be seen as a very, very deep reform.

...I’m proud of the fact that we kept Australia out of the global economic recession. I’m proud of the fact that had we not done so we would have had a half a million Australians out there out of work, because that’s what happened around the rest of the world.

....And having said all that folks, we’ve got to zip." - Kevin Rudd Full Speech Here.

So proud to be Australian. Rudd's speech was dignified, emotional and downright human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)