6.6.10

Tutoring.

Ah yes. Tutoring...it's already stigmatised that every Asian goes tutoring in order to get ahead of school. So many teachers hate it, in particular my Year 11 Chem teacher who clearly disliked it when she heard that people went tutoring. The reason I am posting this is in response to a status update on facebook regarding whether there is anyone who don't go tutoring in my grade. This is purely my opinion and I am offering another dimension to look at this controversial matter. Please don't rage at me if you think what I am saying is bullshit...because I may most likely dismiss what you think as bullshit too.
Why people don't like tutoring:
1. Sabotaging the educational system. i.e. creating an uneven distribution...in the way that you must have money to go tutoring...the disadvantaged don't get it. Amiright?
2. It's not a reflection of a person's natural ability but merely a reflection of their ability to pay their way through the educational system and thus, get a place in a selective school etc.

The arguments above...are most likely what angers most people about tutoring centres. They believe that it is an unfair system... or whatever.
I guess it is true to some extent, but hey! Life is unfair, okay? And people have a natural inclination to want to get ahead of others and be benefited as a result.
I believe tutoring is beneficial to most students...especially those students who simply have AWFUL teachers at school who cannot teach most of the time. And put it this way, tutoring does take up time too so for those who get tutored, they must make most of their time and plan their studying around it etc. And...we are in year 12 this year. You can't really blame people for wanting to got the extra mile to excel in their subjects, in order to get better ranks and possibly a better ATAR... My final words? Quit whining and start studying!

PS: I am going to see Muse. Oh where at? IN THE FREAKIN' MOSH.... Ohhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)