21.8.10

As of late.

  1. People change, it's inevitable. I've lost count of how many close friendships I have lost over the years, simply because that person had succumbed to external influences. Some of such influences are good in the way they become better people, perhaps more sociable and happier. Others change in ways through which destroys their whole personality and being in my eyes. I watch with disappointment, knowing that the close times I had shared with them and everything that we used to laugh at together may no longer be revived. It's an awful feeling losing a friend, (I guess I don't really lose them though, we just become distant.) the intimacy of the friendship will never reach its peak ever again nor will the convos. And sometimes...I feel like I am the only one who can remember anything in all my friendships. Do people really have that awful of memories? Or perhaps it could be that I am highly sentimental and place too much emphasis on maintenance of personal relationships. I wonder.
  2. People smoke too much in the city. Thanks to all you bloody smokers, my clothes freaking stink. I have resolved that I have contempt for smokers. Why is inhaling cancer so good? It baffles me. Don't smoke people, what's the beauty of having to fight lung cancer? Everytime I raise my concerns regarding lung cancers to my smoking uncle residing in Hong Kong, he'd always come up with arguments that would weaken my case. It annoys me, but I know I am still right.
  3. I never knew that Sydney had so many alleyways until my sister took me through this alley between two buildings on George Street that very much resembled those quirky ones in Melbourne. There were restaurants with outdoor seating, with their arrangements embellished with live floral decorations in beautiful hanging pots (?) and heaters that shone down, warming the customers sitting below. A busker was also nearby, strumming on his guitar and singing out the melodies creating such a vibrant yet comforting atmosphere. it's this juxtaposition between the modern architecture of the city with the rich and cultural aspects that keep me so fascinated whenever i drop by the city to have dinner. and the lights...ah. comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)