14.9.10

Old People

Year 12; we've reached the end of the schooling ladder. This long gruelling race that we've run since 1998 is finally coming to an end. How do you feel? Relieved? Sad? Sentimental? We close an old chapter of our lives and open a realm of clean slates where we prepare to write new things into our somewhat short yet sweet lives of ours. It's hard not to feel old and mature at this age, being the kings and queens of high school. Yet on the grand spectrum of things, we're only tiny little butterflies only starting to take their first flight into the atmosphere of freedom.
In so many ways, I still feel like a 5 year old child. I'm not mature at all nor am I ready and I'm not gonna pretend I am.

Countdown (Sick for the Big Sun) by Phoenix
do you remember when 21 years was old?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)