17.11.10

The Atlantic was born today and I'll tell you how


It's weird to know that both the Tipps formal and the school formal are over now. Odd isn't it? That would truly be the last time we'd congregate together as both a grade and a class. I must be the most boring blogger on Earth, dwelling on how fast time flies and doing nothing about it. But...it's just so hard to swallow - that the familiar routine of going to school 5 days a week is absolutely over.

Both formals were great. The Tipps formal was held at Watersedge in the Rocks by Sydney Harbour - an amazing venue indeed. The music was pumping inside the venue with rnb songs I had no idea what their names were yet I was drawn outside to the balcony and to just look at the harbour - with all the lights reflecting from the water and trains crossing the bridge. On the other side of the Harbour was Luna Park, with the wide open smile of the Luna Park entrance overlooking the Harbour. Looking at Luna Park brought back glorious memories of seeing Phoenix earlier in the year and I sigh - it's been more than 8 months since that night; truly unforgettable and the memories are still so fresh in my mind....fade out, again

The school formal was held at Sheraton on The Park, an obvious upgrade from the Year 10 formal venue of Sheraton Four Points. I was greeted by the warm smiles of my year adviser and the two deputies as I entered the venue. It was a mixture of both happiness and sadness as I saw their friendly faces - knowing for one how kind they were to see us as we entered the formal and sad as I'll not see them on a daily basis no more. Perhaps it is just St George but so many people left the formal early. I stayed till midnight and by then, there were only a select few who were still prancing around on the dance floor. I felt overwhelmed by it all....

Life is a weird trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)