25.11.10

God I'm very, very frightened I'll overdo it.



"I wanna hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightened
I'll overdo it"
'...you know i dreamed about you, for 29 years before i saw you. you know i dreamed about you, i missed you for 29 years.'

a comment left on a video of fake plastic trees:

‘There is no verse in the history of music that is as hauntingly and infinitely sad than the closing moments of this song, starting at 3:30. It captures the futility of love like nothing else. When in love, the absolute most important thing is to be wanted by that person. It consumes our thoughts and in the end it wears us out. We can never really make that person happy all the time and the inevitable failure comes. Yet we keep putting ourselves through it. We keep thinking we can conquer love.’

songs are only as sad as the listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)