25.11.10

we shared a cigarette somewhere addict till it fall, fall, falls.

Listening to: Rome by Phoenix

I love how music can automatically help you remember the memories associated with it. January was perhaps the best month I had all year in 2010. Yes, I can remember it being painfully busy, filled with tutoring sessions all around Sydney but the excitement of always occupying myself, learning and continually having fun was worth it. My mother and brother were both overseas, leaving myself, my sister and my dad in Sydney. My dad works shift work and therefore, there were times when my sister and I would have the whole house to ourselves from 6pm until the next morning. At those times, we'd go out to her friend's house or she'd invite her friends over and one time, we even played mah-jong till the wee hours of 3am ~ 4am. Exceptionally fun and I also do remember it being incredibly hot then as well.

I still remember heading off to Brighton Beach for a saunter in the sand. We didn't swim though, cause I guess we were quite lazy. After that, we drove to this place where they sold fresh Asian vegetables and keeping to my sentimental nature, I reminisced about the past as we drove through. I also remember going to Sushi Rio in the city very often for dinner as well. It was always the late night when we'd head off, around 8:30pm. The city was always filled with people and summer was truly alive then. Ah, I still remember accidentally heading off to the city on the Festival First Night of the Sydney Festival. We were actually really oblivious that that event was occurring as we drove into the city and our efforts in finding parking proved futile.

All in all, January 2010 was thrilling and unbelievably exciting. And here I am, 11 months into 2010 and all I can really think of was that stress free and determined attitude I had back then with all the memories associated with it. Nothing else in this world other than the music I listened to back then can bring me back to those days. Truly unforgettable.

paradise circus by massive attack, meet me halfway by b.e.p., little lion man by mumford + sons, breathe me by sia, while you wait for the others by grizzly bear, a community service announcement by jonathan boulet, remain by delphic, dog days are over by florence + the machine, sleepyhead (acoustic) by passion pit, home by edward sharpe + the magnetic zeroes & the good news by philadelphia grand jury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)