2.12.10

a heart of stone a smoking gun i can give you life, i can take it away.

Whenever someone asks me what I am going to be doing in university next year...I always get so self conscious now. I get asked this question almost everyday, 'oh what are you going to do next year?' 'how can you not remember your uac choices?' - of course I do its just that, I am so afraid.

Nothing's set in stone yet and all I am doing is waiting patiently for my ATAR. From then on, will I have the slightest clue of where my next step will be towards. Sometimes I wish to be back at school, knowing that I am just working towards the HSC or an end of year prize. But I guess it's time to grow up and take some initiative. University will be good, I know it. I feel like I am in limbo right now without any real direction. I'm afraid that what I'll end up choosing won't be right for me because in some ways, I guess I may be choosing it as a leaping pad for another career.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I'm right with you there Katie. It's the exact reason I haven't actually put down more than 2 UAC choices, even though I know I really should put the rest down before we get results.
    I'm of the mind that 18 (17 in some people's case) is much too young to know what you want to do for the rest of your life, let alone be ready to take it on. But having said that, whatever path you choose to follow, I'm sure you'll be brilliant on it!

    (Also, I hope it's ok that I've commented, I know you're not too enthusiastic about comments)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know if I can get into the choices I put in. And yes, it's so true that our current ages are much too young and perhaps incredibly INEXPERIENCED to choose something for the rest of our lives. But thanks for the nice encouragement...may you also fall into something worthwhile and right down your alley.

    It's okay that you've commented its just that I need to moderate them since weirdos comment sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)