10.12.10

NO ONE'S GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE, TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT.

I am still stuck in a euphoric high after going to Muse's first Sydney Show. Absolutely dazzled, amazed, entranced and simply obsessed with this amazing band. Let me see another Muse show, please! I couldn't actually sleep last night from being so blown away by their concert and also because my legs felt werid all night....the only comfortable position for my foot was when it was on tippy-toes....(that shows how long I was in that position for i.e. the whole night) Their epicness has taken away my ability to form coherent sentences with correct grammar. Take for example a tweet I made last night as I came home from the show:
Daym: 'I SWERA I FELT THE WHOLE FLOOR SHOOK WHEN MUSE PLAYED STOCKHOLM SYNDROME.'
Shook Katie, shook? Are you kidding me? LAWL

But yes, the floor actually shook when they played 'Stockholm Syndrome'...it was those vibrations that I felt which basically tore Acer Arena apart. Muse opened with 'Uprising' which to me, was the perfect song to open their epic live show in Sydney. I love how the crowd sang in unison when it got to the choruses of 'THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US, WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS'. 'Starlight' was incredibly beautiful, with all these gorgeous visuals adorning the Acer Arena, remotely resembling a galaxy of sparkling stars on the rooftop. '...our hopes and expectations, black holes and revelations...' Though perhaps the highlight of the show was seriously, 'Plug in Baby', 'Hysteria' and 'Time is Running Out'. It was during PIB when my friends and I started making our way through the first quarter of the moshpit to the front, near all the hardcore Musers who moshed so hard that I didn't even need to move my own body to be jumping up and down. Live and intimate, as they say. Anyhow, I was very surprised at how dead the mosh appeared to be where we were initially standing (and we weren't even that far away at first). It was freaking Muse!! I also had a glance around the arena when the lights were on....most of the crowd were sitting down and not engaged, even when their most amazing songs were played. What is this people?!?!! Absolutely baffled. So no, I am glad I came out alive but I seriously expected more of the dead crowd after seeing concert footage of Muse in Wembley tearing down the stadium and crowds. Oh and the highlight of the night was when Matt Bellamy dedicated, 'Citizen Erased' to Julian Assange. I always knew that Muse were supporters of Wikileaks given that their music is centred around conspiracies and all the like so it was comforting to hear that they were aware of the whole issue surrounding Wikileaks. Oh yes, twas a little disappointed when they didn't play: 'Bliss', 'Butterflies and Hurricanes' and 'Feeling Good'. But it was nevertheless a great setlist.

Anyway, I went with Cecilia and Tiffany to the concert, unknowingly meeting up with a few friends who had tickets to side view seating. I felt really bad for them initially but then found out that their views of the band were not completely obscured so I guess that was fine. But nevertheless, we picked up some confetti from the ground and gave it to them as a gift or possibly as some consolation. Oh...and I was probably really annoying as well, always asking them to pose for my camera! Muahhahaha. Sorry peeps.

All in all, Muse has got to be my favourite concert ever; seriously trumps every other live act I've seen so far in my life and that has surely got to be something. I mean, I've seen Phoenix, Bloc Party + Interpol; all of which are known to be tight on stage. But no, it is surely Muse who own the stage. They were impeccable. And I shall end with some words; It is so true what they say about the Muse live experience; there are no words to express their sheer epicness and you must attend one of their shows to fully appreciate their offering to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)