9.2.11

Homebound.

Arriving in Sydney after 41 days abroad filled with people and loudness is odd. It's quiet in the household once more and again, the loneliness strikes me. What I loved about being overseas was the people. Everywhere I went were people...even in cold and wintry England. There's no doubt that Hong Kong is lively and bustling so from here onwards, Sydney feels so empty. I've not spent Chinese New Year in Hong Kong since 2009...which hasn't been so long ago but the way that the Chinese celebrate the coming of the Lunar New Year trumps every single New Year spent in Sydney.

From the apparent initial shock of arriving in Hong Kong after a year's absence came the eventual growth of fondness for the place. Yes, it is quite ugly sometimes...with the rude and obnoxious Asians scattering about but in its core, there is fundamentally beauty in Hong Kong. My mum is currently in Hong Kong, with the four of us here in Sydney. The household is oddly empty which isn't an entirely nice feeling...and I really miss her.

Nighttime is falling here. Time does escape me sometimes. We only arrived in Sydney this morning, flying in from the north to Sydney Harbour then eventually, the airport. I've posted about my mad love for the skies and once again, I was blessed with a window seat...I could stare out that window for hours...watching the sky change colours, blend into darkness and the clouds bounce off one another. The flight down from Hong Kong was so pleasant as well, with my cabin actually pretty darn empty. The steward, who was Japanese was so kind and friendly, making the flight even better.

From my time abroad, I've been having a lot of downtime by myself thinking about the things of the past and present. Many things don't matter anymore, especially the things that plagued me before....I hope you are good dear friend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took a liking to HK again! One of the things I love about it too is the amount of people and liveliness there compared to Sydney.

    & WELCOME BACK :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney is just so dead. If you really want to get out...go to blooody Sydney. Haha
    And thanks Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)