9.3.11

Uni.

University has been really really darn tiring and I always find myself falling asleep before 10:00pm hits. Physiotherapy is an interesting course, I like learning about the body systems but I find anatomy overwhelming and something that has to be done by rote learning. And the amount of content to learn in such a small space of time is just insane. I think I have covered a key part of the preliminary PDHPE module as well as some parts of Biology already. And its not even the end of the 2nd week yet. What?

I had my first anatomy class last Thursday and given the hype on how some people spaz and freak out before seeing parts of a cadaver, I suppose viewing the body parts for me was okay. It was odd at first, seeing the thumb of the hand but then I got over it, viewing the part as a piece of...well, tough leathery meat. But the main source of concern was the overbearing smell. Although I do feel hungry after I have anatomy for reasons I don't know why. They say its the chemical they use to preserve the bodies and I've searched it up but haven't found any reputable source backing up that rumour.

Anyway, apparently a dude threatened to commit suicide at Petersham today. I suppose its a good thing that cityrail halted services to save the man's life but the shutdown at Petersham led to major delays on so many other lines. It was very frustrating to wait on the platform for 30+ minutes or more when the service was scheduled to arrive in 2 minutes as I first stepped into the station. The incident truly reflects how flawed our public transport system really is and even if Liberal were elected into State Parliament, it will be so hard to fix such a horrendous rail line. Take for examples in both Paris, London and Hong Kong. Hong Kong has glass doors separating the platform from the rail line so suicide attempts are near impossible. Paris and London; oh their metro lines are amazingly connected in so many different directions...so that if there was some major incident at any station, detours via other stations are possible. Though with the population of Sydney only standing at around 4 - 5 million, it wouldn't be viable to adapt any of the aforementioned city's railway networks. I guess we'll just have to put up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)