11.4.11

For death

If today was my last day on earth, I'd be leaving the earth feeling though I've not lived but only experienced a static existence. In all my 17 years of mere life, I suppose many things have happened but amongst the highs there are the lows, filled with regrets that haunt me till the very day. How can one possibly live life without any regrets whatsoever? Those who have accomplished that, I commend you for being so brave - facing your fears and achieving what you have set to do so in this temporal life we lead.

I wonder why things are the way they are. Apparently, the years of being a young adult is when you're most vulnerable to lapsing into depression. I hardly find that surprising because these are the most crucial years that shape your outlooks and when your mind is most active and critical.

It must be widely stereotyped, but growing up as an Asian in a western culture has probably induced more problems within than if I were back in Hong Kong. You see aspects to many things and struggle to find the median balance - one where you'll experience harmony. I used to not think my parents as not the pushy Asian parent achieving types though recently have discovered they are perhaps no different to those stereotypically portrayed in the media. Education is important but I'm finding it to be something that I am losing touch with. Learning is interesting but I feel hat my passions lie elsewhere.

And death, why must you always intrigue me so? If I were to die tonight, I'd leave the world with regrets. Then I'd probably bid farewell thee and whisper, the second before I close my eyes, that my heart has more love than it really can contain. I love many people, but sometimes you really can't show it.
If reincarnation is real, I want to come back into this beautiful world as a bird...

6 comments:

  1. I understand where you're coming from Katie, well except for the Asian bit, because obviously, I'm not. But yeah, I feel that I exist, but don't live, and it worries me. I don't want to be one of those people who just go through life because they have to, without really experiencing it. I see my parents, and I think, I don't want to be like them. I think it's such a shame, and a waste of a life, and a waste of the time we were given.

    But we're never not going to have regrets. Whoever says they don't have regrets is lying.

    To come back as a bird would be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though the utmost importance placed upon education has rendered what I call a static existence. I completely agree, whenever I see my parents - I just think, I really don't want to be like them yet at the same time, I hope that they will seize the chance someday to explore and feel the world. I don't want to die without feeling the sensation of living and if that happens, I'd be really darn angry.

    Regrets are inevitable. I suppose that is what makes you stronger and ultimately, tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Education's important, but it's at the point now where we don't have any time to do anything but study, or get ready for assessments. I have my 5th assessment tomorrow, since beginning of semester, and another on Monday. Really, there's no time to live in between all the work. Perhaps they should revise the university education system. These are the most important years of our life and they're taking that away from us.

    You know, I actually think my parents are too afraid to travel the world, but they keep using money as an excuse. I think they'd rather stay close to their families rather than travel too far. But I hope they see the sense in exploring one day.
    But I'm with you, I don't want to die having been stuck here all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for the assessment! I have mine tomorrow as well, pretty freaking nervous as I have no idea what to expect!
    Yeah, the university system is a little flawed...though the thing I hate most is how computers are so integrated into our learning nowadays, makes you really wonder how they taught back in the day...

    My mother doesn't like travelling much but my dad loves it so I guess they're caught between two ideals. I really hope they will cause the world is an amazing place. Show your parents pictures of the world, everything is beautiful...

    Same, I have a plan actually. I will be moving out of Sydney one day and its definite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How'd the assessment go? I would say good luck, but I'm a little late aren't I?
    So your course is really computer integrated? That's interesting actually. As design kids, we don't do much on the computer. Some, yes, but not much.

    It's great that your dad loves travelling! Maybe he'll convince your mum to travel. And then they can take you along too :)

    Yeah? So where do you plan on going? Back to London/England? And wow, it's definite? How did you get it to be definite? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I still have one more test tomorrow so I suppose your good luck isn't late at all :) today's test was okay though :)
    I was talking to him about the prospects of traveling and my wishes of how I want them to see the world - I hope he takes it seriously!

    Oh no! It's definite in the way that it's a promise to myself and one which i won't break. It'll be cool if it was official and definite cause that'd mean I'll be mount along with life with such speed.
    But yes, I want to go back to England. I'd love to move to other countries in Europe though I think it'll be hard cause of the language barrier. England is perfect in the way language and mannerisms aren't a problem to grasp. :)

    How is your course anyway so far?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)