3.4.11

Muddled

This assertion may make me sound like a typical teenager but one of my favourite past times ever is listening to music. It is so cathartic and the incredible sparse guitar sounds or perhaps nauseating beats can bring you to an entirely different world. Music is associated with the emotional sensory area in the brain, an incredible feat if you think about it and thereby, that's why you can sense chills down your spines as you listen to music (sometimes). And what I've realised throughout time is that music really does take me from highs to lows. I can't imagine the world without such sounds. Music fuels heartbreak yet fosters ecstasy.

One of my greatest regrets in life truly is not learning how to play an instrument. I wish I had the ability to seamlessly strum out any song or to be able to have the incredible gift to learn by ear. In an effort to overcome this, I recently picked up the guitar and learnt how to play the opening to Radiohead's High and Dry. For a beginner, it is hard because I am not used to tensing my fingers and arranging them in such a way to play those chords which are pretty easy yet quite complex to me.

And what else? Ah, the Great Australian Cliche - moving to England once you've finished tertiary education. After university, I plan to work in Australia as a physiotherapist for around 2 years to garner experience and after that, hope to find work in the UK. I've truly fallen in love with that place and I am yearning to step foot into it again. Take me back, London! And I truly hope it happens :S

2 comments:

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)