7.4.11

Whenever I fall at your feet.

Crowded House's 'Fall at Your Feet' is perhaps one of the most beautiful and pure songs ever written. I really love Boy and Bear's very recent cover though it never can trump the original.

Anyhow, I feel like I've been very fickle with everything lately. My concentration has flown out the window and I find myself daydreaming a lot. I'm beginning to warm up to university although the thought of mid-semester exams is not exactly the type of thought that 'warms' my heart. Haha. The experience of university is strange to say the very least. I thought I'd grow to become one who'd favour university right from the beginning but right to my sentimental nature, I've not been one who has embraced university from the start. Getting back into routine is always good I suppose though there are it's ultimate downfalls where 24 hours a day never does seem quite enough.

The most amazing thing about uni though, is the amount of knowledge that you gain. It's only been 6 weeks but I feel like I have doubled the amount of knowledge that I had to begin with from the remnants of HSC. You really do most of your learning here and the human brain capacity continues to astound.

Can you believe Easter is on its way? I can still recall the very first time I went to the Easter show with friends...boy, that was fun. And so began the meeting of almost everyone in the grade. Bic Runga's Sway always reminds me of that time period c. 2006. Debbie and I were on a ride where we were situated on kite like structures, simulating the flight of birds or something or rather. Whilst we were up in the air, 'Sway' started to play and at that moment, I felt truly free and loved life to its core. Listening to this song always evokes that feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I have no words for Fall at your feet. It's my favourite Crowded House song by far and possibly my favourite song ever. Have you ever heard the Clare Bowditch cover? It's a m a z i n g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its one of a kind, kinda heartbreaking yet beautiful.
    I've not heard her cover yet! I shall search it up, thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)