4.7.11

This is pouring rain, this is paralysed

So lately, I've been incredibly engrossed with listening to Bon Iver and I love it. It's just incredibly relaxing and makes me feel alive again - ah yes, that's the power of music. I've always wanted a tattoo on my inner upper arm, not a sleeve, just something small and understated - like a phrase. Bon Iver's giving me so many ideas and I have fallen in love with the titling of the song, 're:stacks'. I'm sure it'll look nice there but they say that you should only get something tattooed when it means something to you because it will be there for the rest of your entire life. It doesn't really mean anything of utmost importance to me except for the fact I love it for aesthetic reasons and that its pretty much one of my favourite Bon Iver songs next to 'Holocene'.

Also, I'm pretty sure my Asian mother would absolutely detest it if I had got a tattoo. I think its some sort of Asian taboo or perhaps there are negative connotations associated with a tattoo. In Hong Kong culture, only the 'badies' get tattoos and I think my mum doesn't want me to look like one. However, I have decided to get one...though perhaps not in the near future...maybe when I get married or something (but that's not gonna happen in a while since I repel people) so that my mum won't see. HAHAHA. And then for some reason she finds out I have a tattoo....I sincerely hope she doesn't freak out. Anyway. The point of this post is that I really want a pretty two word + simple tattoo in a nice font.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)