31.12.11

XI

Goodbye 2011.

2011, you've been a gigantic year. I was so busy throughout most of it that the whole year just went by and caught me unawares. On the bigger scale, 2011 has seen some of the most moving revolutions that went to succession and at other darker times, 2011 saw some of the most atrocious natural disasters in history. It was a year of change and there's no denying it.

And in my world, things did change. I went to uni, I made new friends and I think I grew up. I thought I was pretty well grown up coming out of high school but as I sit here and look back at myself and the many things I did last year, I've grown a shitload. You can say that in high school I was always so insecure and there were times when I was just stuck in my mind. I didn't totally fit in with everyone there...but then came 2011, a new beginning in terms of making new friends. I thought 'fuck it, I am going to be myself' and that came off well. I feel happy, as if I am true to myself.

Honestly, a new year really means a new way of writing the year in exercise books sometimes. And tomorrow I am going to wake up the same way, feeling the same as I did the day before... But what is most significant about stepping into the new year is the new start that can happen...like wiping to a clean state or something. Nevertheless, here's to 2012 and a new chapter in life. I don't know what I'll see in 2012 but I'm hoping I'll grow and seize every moment so that I may look back with fondness as I am doing so right now on 2011, despite it being such a confronting year.

Happy New Year. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)