4.2.12

Lights

In a world marked by rampant movement and people proliferating the streets everywhere, it's pretty easy to forget and acknowledge the beauty around us. I forget to do so sometimes myself because I get so immersed in my thoughts, as if that's the only thing that really matters in my life (but that isn't true, I'm not the only thing I should focus on). Perhaps after studying mild bouts of romanticism in year 12 that the concept has kind of influenced me in the slightest where I just like raving on about the beauties of life. But look around, even the ugly has its beauty.

Sometimes when I am in Hong Kong, I only focus on what's in front of me and its usually the ugly. I could hate the immense density of the city, the rudeness of the people there, how transport is always packed or how I can never seem to find a clean toilet...yet beyond this, I don't think about anything else. It's only when I take a step back and look at the big picture that I see the beauty of the city. I think everything is beautiful...in its own way. Like the love hate relationship I have with Sydney. Living here makes you loathe everything that is put before you yet when I was in London, I clearly remember thinking about the harbour and how I missed seeing it and feeling the gentle sea breeze on my face.

Tonight I had a flick through my tumblr and found a wonderful photo of Hong Kong. This image is taken from a famous tourist destination called The Peak and offers spectacular views of the city. Some say that the views up there are the best when observed at night and that is true. Despite the immense artificiality of the city, where it is literally lit up by halogen + neons, the city comes to life at night. It overwhelms you...And it's bloody beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)