6.2.12

Laneway






Laneway Festival at the Sydney College of the Arts yesterday...went with Vivien + Eunice which was nice. I saw...Uhm...Active Child, Sures, Givers, DZ Deathrays, Feist, bit of Anna Calvi...oh goodness, what did I see??? All in all, not a totally memorable day given the crazy hot conditions and how generally boring festivals are when you are not totally into the really obscure bands. I'll be bloody honest, I had no idea who half the bands were because I bought the ticket originally hoping to see Wu Lyf. But guess what? Laneway pulled them out... Out of all fucking bands, they pull out Wu Lyf, what a massive dumb ass mistake, ever. The festival didn't help that the food was expensive, toilets queues were long and all in all, I don't think it was worth whatever the hell I paid for it. I'd rather spend it on 6 buck karaoke which we did after leaving the festival early. Despite wanting to see The Drums, M83 and SBTRKT...we just couldn't bear the festival any longer. So for this being the first festival I've ever gone to, I am really iffy about future ones... I am more of a gig person I guess. The bands sets are longer and you know, just generally more fun. I don't think burning like a freaking tomato too appealing, ya know? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)