20.4.12

Today, you were far away.

Instead of studying, I had the brilliant idea of watching Warrior on the train home intending to stop at midway because I had to study for my upcoming exams. Yet I couldn't help but finish the whole movie because it was just so engaging that I found it hard not to watch it all. 

I'm not typically one who is into such fighting films because well, I don't really know much about the UFC or MMA. However, the movie not only showed a lot of fighting scenes but had a beautiful storyline and terribly fine acting that made it so accessible by well, myself even. 

I personally cannot stop listening to 'About Today' by The National now. That was played at the very last scene and captured the raw emotions so beautifully. I would advise you to watch it if you haven't because the movie is so well done and well, it doesn't exploit your emotions like other sympathy movies do, but the way that it led to the gradual build up was very human and very real. Yes, that's right. The refreshing aspect about this movie was just how raw everything was, untouched by the glitz and glamour that I am so used to seeing in movies today and hence, that's why I really enjoyed it. I would watch it again when I have time.

I can't wait until the end of mid-sem exams. I'm actually excited to start reading some books I bought because I am keen to further my knowledge into whatever interests me. There's this really quaint bookstore at the Rocks called 'Ariel Books' and I just love the atmosphere in there. The other day when it was raining like crazy, I popped by to collect a book I had ordered previously. I got off Circular Quay and walked at such a fast pace to the bookstore without an umbrella, just having the rain pelt my slightly heavy duty APC coat and splash my boots in the puddles that I really did not intend to walk into. It was freezing, perhaps I was rather underdressed and I listened to the melodies of The National as I did so encapsulating a mood that was melancholy at best. I power walked past tourists and 9to5 businessmen, as I was in a rush, keen to catch the train home after that arrived 15 minutes after I got off the previous service. To be blatantly honest, it felt rather lonely to be doing what I did and in the rain as well, as if my emotions were being reflected by the incredible outpour from the skies. But there may be a threshold of loneliness, that perhaps the dreary and perennial loneliness felt starts to become comforting...

It is evident that I am starting to listen too much of The National. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)