9.11.12

(500) Days




Ask me my favourite scene in 500 Days of Summer and this will always be the answer. The scene where Tom and Summer are in the car driving off to the movies, where Tom unexpectedly asks Summer what their relationship status exactly is. Summer tells Tom that she doesn't know and that it doesn't matter, because that they're both happy. There's something beautiful and so frank about this scene that cements this as my favourite scene. It's like the calm before the storm. The dream that people live for...happy, carefree, young and beautiful. Their relationship at this stage was something admirable whilst Carla Bruni's Quelqu'un M'a Dit plays in the background... even though I honestly only started to listen to this song repetitively this year, it somehow makes me feel so nostalgic for something...which I'm not sure of. Even though I have never experienced any relationship, it's really not hard to imagine for this to take place in reality.

Truth to be told, the whole movie breaks my heart. I'm not sure what can happen in life these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)