8.9.10

The Sharpness of Death

Death - why be like so?
As I come across countless articles and news sources documenting recent deaths, I can't help but think that the luckiest of all deaths would be to die of old age, knowing that death is imminent. And what moves me the most are the sudden deaths, those of which cannot be predicted and occur out of the blue. Like those deaths of the tourists in the Philippines, like those ones in Earthquakes, like those killed as bystanders...it's so unfortunate. They all never knew they were going to die, that brushing their teeth, eating food, waking up to the morning sun and all these minor petty things would've been their lasts on Earth. How many families would have been wrecked? Earlier in the evening, a cop was shot in the head during a raid in Bankstown. I don't know of his condition, but I do hope that he is strong and pulling through. I don't want today to be his last day on Earth. I don't want today to be his last day waking up, brushing his teeth, driving off, eating......... the list goes on.

And with regard to the title? I don't even know why I named this post as 'The Sharpness of Death'...it just feels appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)