9.11.10

Powderfinger - The Farewell


I saw Powderfinger at the Acer Arena on Saturday night for their farewell Sunsets tour. Acer was rather hard to get to initially, requiring a bus trip to Strathfield station then to Lidcombe and eventually Sydney Olympic Park. That was quite frustrating. Bertie Blackman and Jet were the two supports - both were quite good though I couldn't really get into the latter.

Most of the crowd were Aussie and it was quite hard to find another Asian other than myself and my friend, Cecilia. However, the main focus was the band themselves and they were amazing live. Honestly speaking, I never would've even thought to see them if they were not splitting but once I heard they were parting ways, I knew I had to seize the chance to hear them play their iconic songs once in my lifetime. Yeah...I really didn't even know half the songs they played but that was okay, the concert was great overall. Listening to My Happiness live with 15,000 other fans in the arena will be a moment I will never forget. It's spine tingling to hear everyone belt the same lyrics in unison, farewelling a truly iconic Australian band. Powderfinger ended the night with 'These Days' - a fitting end to farewell their incredibly successful music career.... It was a bittersweet moment and that was it, the ultimate goodbye.

I'll be uploading a few vids on youtube soon. I want you all to feel the intense energy of the fans singing along to My Happiness and These Days. So surreal, so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)