11.6.11

Gypsy and the Cat

Running Romeo - Gypsy and the Cat at Apple Store Bondi

Time to Wander - Gypsy and the Cat

I saw Gypsy and the Cat yesterday at the Apple Store...I was initially reluctant in going since it is before exams. But heck, I realised that it would be quite an intimate gig and probably be the last chance seeing them before they jet off to the rest of the world. I wasn't wrong with it being a really intimate gig...there was probably no more than 100 people in the store...perhaps even less - it felt that way anyway. I was really close to the lead singer, Xavier Bacash and right next to the speakers. Despite having the music thump into my ears repetitively for around an hour or so, it was so worth it. I could feel the amazing bass pulsate through my veins (or arteries)

Gypsy and the Cat is a really good live band, they sound even better live actually. The gig was by far the most harmonious ones I've ever been to, perhaps due to there being only 100 people or less. No pushing, no hot hot sweat nor were there any assholes around me. It was a short set though...around 45 minutes long, but what more can you ask for when it's a free gig? Uhuh. I'm very pleased that I went. So worth missing an evening's worth of study time for! What's more was that I even got to say hi to the band and get their signatures. Aw yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)