8.6.11

Hungry

I've not heard about this computer virus until today: Stuxnet.
Incredible isn't it? It is a weapon of mass destruction. It can take out a whole factory, a whole nuclear reactor.
Any one can use it and its pretty much an open source weapon written entirely in code.

Watching 'Hungry Beast' has really taught me a lot about the world which I don't know about. And every week, there is something to do with current communication technologies and how fast computers are advancing and how close we are to reaching 'The Singularity'. I never really thought too much of technology until their presentation...computers have essentially incorporated most of mankind's knowledge in their short existence. It is only a matter of time when they start mimicking us, evolving till one day, computer intelligence superseeds ours. Apparently, we cannot foresee what will happen when computers become smarter since...we cannot be smarter than them. It's just impossible. Ugh, this may all sound like science fiction but the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. Or perhaps we can call it the eventual truth.

The future is just so exciting but incredibly frightening. Mankind would be devastated if we were to become slaves of the computer. It's like we created a new race (and thus, stems into the Frankenstein/Blade Runner Module). But yes...just a thought at how the 21st Century is unfolding. The universe is simply amazing and getting more and more complicated. Everything about it, from the big bang to our eventual creation, to how gravity assembled us and how we are only made of stardust. Doesn't that just blow your mind? It all sounds too surreal and too strange. I thought I had my queries answered from year 10 science class where I mindnumbingly watched documentaries showing the creation of the universe. But what is space? What the hell is time? Where did all this come from? HOW IS THERE SPACE. WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? I DON'T KNOW THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR MY BRAIN BUT I WANT TO KNOW ANSWERS. TOO MANY QUESTIONS, NOT ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE. SCIENCE IS BLOWING MY MIND. SCIENCE IS STRANGE. THE TRUTH DOESN'T SEEM REAL. THIS IS ALL TOO WEIRD.
(but I love science)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)