18.2.12

you're giving me the coldest stare

why don't we turn the leaf...?
I've been working for the past two days and wow, working does drain every ounce of energy out of you indeed. Anyway, it's always good when you are preoccupied as if its not busy, time really flies by so slowly and then you get hungry as well.

Anyway, I left my temporary staff card somewhere in the store yesterday and thought, welp, that's the end of that one! So I go into work today, using a newly printed off one and the night time security guard who is rather old yet awesomely cool comes up to find me and exclaims, 'Katie! I have something to give you!' I was rather curious as to what it was that he wanted to give me and then he hands me back my temporary card, all cut and secured onto a cardboard piece he found at home and enclosed in one of those card sleeves. Honestly, I thought people would just chuck my card away if they found it but here he was just being so genuinely kind about helping people. This act of kindness made my day and I just felt so freaking happy after. Seriously...kindest man ever.

Times like these, I forget about all that I loathe and whine about. . . Like...well, yeah that. =\

Life is so strange + unexpected. I don't think we'd really understand much about our existence until the day when we are about to leave. They all say that your life flashes by your eyes the moment you die, but would you know? And how would you know? I don't think I'm morbid or emo as others call it...I think it's being realistic and thinking about what happens after death is eternally interesting. Cause let's face it, we're dead longer than we're alive. And perhaps that's why you must seize the day, because after all these years we sink into death and by not doing, regrets are inevitably going to be abound... It's easier said than done though, as in trying to seize every chance. Because with every chance, there's a gamble as things can either go one way or another. And like JGL in 500 days...reality + expectation is funny and most likely never align.

My ramble doesn't make sense. Fuck that.
i've seen london and i've seen sam's town....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)