13.3.12

Goosebumps.





There are no words I can use to describe how amazing Bon Iver's concert at the Sydney Opera House was. It was truly an experience I will remember for years to come. I have never been to a concert where the music just simply moved me to tears but there I was sitting there at the Sydney Opera House, smiling like an idiot and having wet tears in my eyes. Bon Iver played most of my favourites and I am pretty sure they played all of their second album, which was most wonderful. The concert was very pleasant where everyone got to sit down and at the most intimate parts where Justin sang Re: Stacks, not one sound was heard. We could only hear the noise of the aircon working on overdrive and Justin, strumming the guitar so beautifully and melodically. 

I have been to many concerts now and I have enjoyed most of them with the odd exception or so (MGMT). And the standard of the artists I see are always so high, like Muse for example, they put on a kickass show that just simply blew my mind. Then I saw Bloc Party and Interpol, two bands whom got me into loving music. But of all these bands, I have to say that nothing can really compare to the incredible epic nature of what Bon Iver was. It was just music, loud, explosive immense sounding music that just carried itself into the air...into whatever. I couldn't have been disappointed if I wanted to. And I love them even more for deciding to have the show at the Opera House. It was the perfect place for Bon Iver to sing us lullabies that put us into a musical heaven. What was most special about the show was the standing ovations that occurred twice, one after the main set, the other after the encore. All the shows I've been to were standing ones, so you can say that the end of a show didn't mean too much. But I love how the crowd showed their love to the band by giving them a massive round of applause whilst they just looked on, feeling so humbled by this outpour of love. 

I can confidently say that I bet everyone enjoyed last night's show. 
I have now seen Bon Iver, jealous? Please be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)