11.5.12

Clinical Placement

I just finished my week long clinical placement at a hospital. It was honestly what I needed, something inspiring to get me into physiotherapy and after this, I don't think I am going to regret my course...in fact, it has sparked new life into what I thought was dull and irrelevant.

This past week has been the best week in my university study life thus far. Every element of it was just so exciting and I got so many opportunities to learn new things and experience real patients. I will never forget this first week at the hospital ever because it also made me realise how much I just loved the hospital setting. The structure of everything and how all the disciplines work together to formulate rehabilitation plans was just amazing. I remember volunteering at the hospital in year 12, thinking that I really wanted to be in the hospital. I then thought that perhaps my intense want to work there must have just been a passing thing because it looked cool. But not only that, this placement reinforced just how much I love it out of my heart and I just don't see myself working anywhere else. The hospital is the place...so exciting. Ah, everything. .. I'm just so excited that I am in the health field, it is seriously one of the best fields to get into because you get so much job satisfaction from it. I could never do anything focused on financial gain because that is not what I want.

What was the best on this placement was simply how much joy can be found in seeing patients actually improved. I was sent to an inpatient rehab facility through which most of the patients had orthopaedic procedures performed. Most of these patients were in their late 80s and early 90s so naturally, their range of motions were reduced and muscles have weakened. By seeing their day to day improvement, you realise how imperative your role is in their rehabilitation... So, health it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, anything you'd like to tell me? :)